Sunday, February 14, 2010

Frosty the Snowman

Frosty the Snowman was running a little behind this year. Instead of bringing us a white Christmas, he brought us a white Valentine's Day. Beckham and I woke up from our nap on Friday to a white yard and a Daddy who came home early from work to "work from home". Everyone had a ton of fun playing in the fresh snow!
Thibideaux was in heaven! He could have stayed out there forever just laying and rolling in the fluffy white stuff.
Snowball Fight!
Frosty was sporting UGA paraphernalia this year :)

Our humble home
And some foliage. . .

In addition to the wonderment of the snow, I have to share my story of coming home from work Saturday morning: I work in the city, so I have to drive a solid 20+ miles of freeway to get home. The freeways had a few patches of ice here and there, but nothing spectacular. It wasn't until I pulled into our neighborhood that the excitement began. When I pulled in, an ambulance was pulling out, and cars were lining the street. My sleepy self kept thinking "why are all these morons parked on the road? don't they know their cars might get hit since the road is covered in ice?" So, I reached the top of the very large hill at the front of the neighborhood, and low and behold there were police cars, a fire truck that had run off the road into some one's yard, and an SUV that had crashed sometime during the night and been abandoned in the middle of the road. Thus, the cars on the side of the road. Therefore, I too had to park my car on the side of the road and carefully navigate my way home- a downhill then uphill hike of 1/2 a mile. Woohoo!

0 comments: