Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On the First Day of Crafting. . .

So it gives me the utmost pleasure to MAKE. . .
I love to sew, paint, craft, scrapbook. I love to make. I have had a lot of fun making things over the past year or so and wanted to share a few of them with you. I will do an entire series of blogs titled "On the __ Day of Crafting". I made the above cork board for Brooksy while I was still preggers. My mother-in-law had given me the letters at my shower and I had seen the cute little giraffe set at JoAnn's, so I put two and two together and voila! It hangs over his crib and gives the sweetest little accent to his nursery.
The pillow idea I stole from a lady that Mom always buys from at the Gold Rush Festival in Dahlonega. She's bought a pillow case there for each of her grandkids, but I didn't want to wait until October for Brooks to have one. So. . . I made him one for his birthday (and it turned out super cute, if I do say so myself).
The towel idea I stole from my sister. She had made Beckham's towel a couple years ago for Christmas. The "B" got really faded, so I took it off and appliqued an acoustic guitar on. Brooks got his for his birthday. His is rockin' it out with an electric guitar. (Thanks to my co-worker Kristi for monogramming the pillow and towel!)

0 comments: