Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knock On Wood


What is it about knocking on wood that is supposed to make the things we say come true? So, since our last blog Beckham has been sleeping through the night! Beckham and I went to a baby shower yesterday where one of the ladies asked me whether he is a good baby or not. Of course I did the proud-mommy thing and told all about the adorable things he does, then I mentioned how he's been sleeping 12 hour nights for almost a week. So she says, "knock on wood". I thought, "nah, that's not gonna change". Go figure, he only slept 9 hours last night. He has been waking up between 8 and 9 am, and today he woke up at 5 am. What do you wanna bet if she hadn't said "knock on wood" I wouldn't have been up at 5 this morning!

2 comments:

SHANNA said...

that is so funny! is that why i didn't hear from you today? were you catching up on sleep? poor baby!! i hate that knock on wood saying..... i'm with you, i think just by saying it you jinx yourself!

Colby Family said...

Oh Missy! How I would LOVE if Noah would sleep for nine hours! I think you still have a "good baby". Mine is good too, he just likes to wake up after about 4 or 5 hours for another course. One day I'll be at nine hours... one day...