Don't let this sweet smile fool you.
For the past week, Scott and I have been going through teething hell. Our precious little boy started waking in the night inconsolable about a week ago. Scott and I tried everything. . . walking, rocking, singing, talking, laying, t.v., bottles, nursing, teething rings, snacks, car rides. You name it, we tried it. The poor, little prince has had a time of it. He has been a mega GRUMPOUS! Of course, to go hand-in-hand with the whining, he had fevers, diarrhea, and no appetite. Uhhggg! Friday I took him to the doctor just to make sure there was nothing else going on (ear infection, stomach virus, etc.). Turns out the Little Prince has not 1, not 2, not 3, oh no, not 4, not 5, but 6 teeth trying to come in (including those ever loving 1 year molars)! Well, Grandma and Uncle Brandon stayed the night on Saturday and watched him while I was at work. Of course he was a little angel! He even ate for me (with the cheer leading squad standing right by him). So, who wants to be the official Beckham cheer leading squad and come over every meal time? Anyone? Then, on Monday, Grammy came to watch him for a few hours while I took a nap. Ahh! Relief! And don't you know, he was a little angel until Mommy woke up? Then Grammy got a taste of what I've been dealing with for the past week. Yeah, she ended up leaving just before the smiles came back. Sure, you get to leave while I deal with the TEETHING MONSTER! Just kidding, he is still the most lovable baby ever. . .
For the past week, Scott and I have been going through teething hell. Our precious little boy started waking in the night inconsolable about a week ago. Scott and I tried everything. . . walking, rocking, singing, talking, laying, t.v., bottles, nursing, teething rings, snacks, car rides. You name it, we tried it. The poor, little prince has had a time of it. He has been a mega GRUMPOUS! Of course, to go hand-in-hand with the whining, he had fevers, diarrhea, and no appetite. Uhhggg! Friday I took him to the doctor just to make sure there was nothing else going on (ear infection, stomach virus, etc.). Turns out the Little Prince has not 1, not 2, not 3, oh no, not 4, not 5, but 6 teeth trying to come in (including those ever loving 1 year molars)! Well, Grandma and Uncle Brandon stayed the night on Saturday and watched him while I was at work. Of course he was a little angel! He even ate for me (with the cheer leading squad standing right by him). So, who wants to be the official Beckham cheer leading squad and come over every meal time? Anyone? Then, on Monday, Grammy came to watch him for a few hours while I took a nap. Ahh! Relief! And don't you know, he was a little angel until Mommy woke up? Then Grammy got a taste of what I've been dealing with for the past week. Yeah, she ended up leaving just before the smiles came back. Sure, you get to leave while I deal with the TEETHING MONSTER! Just kidding, he is still the most lovable baby ever. . .


3 comments:
Oh, the pain of dealing with a teething child. Every time we get over one hump (or tooth) another one comes along. We get a runny nose, whining, crying, diarrhea, etc... I feel your pain. I hope he feels better soon. I should have bought stock in Triple Paste. I'd be a rich mommy. :)
i feel your pain.... i am just so grateful that those days are over for me!! i LOVE your new blog layout!!!
I feel ya too - Harrison has 4 teeth coming in right now.... NO FUN!!! Same thing - diarrhea, waking in the middle of the night -runny nose - everything!! The way I see it - i'd rather have them come in all at once and them be a holy terror for a week or so then have them come in slow like a turtle over time and them be whinny forever!! :) Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment