For my 14th birthday, my mom took me to the Gwinnett Humane Society to pick out a new kitten. This precious white and grey kitty with the saddest blue eyes said "take me home". When we came back to pick her up, people were standing in line to call her their own. She came home with me, though, and was named Olivia (after Olivia Newton John- my all-time favorite movie at the time was Grease).
Well, after 15 years of loving her and cuddling with her, Olivia got sick and we had to say goodbye. With tears in my eyes (and snot all over my face), I kissed Olivia and stroked her sweet little head one last time. She will be so missed!
A special thanks to the staff at Shiloh Veterinary Hospital for making the whole process so tolerable and comforting for me. They let me spend as much time with her as I needed, provided me with an entire box of tissues (which I used most of), sent a sympathy card, and called me a couple days afterwards to make sure I was doing alright. Thanks again!
friday favorites...
10 years ago


1 comments:
man- i am actually crying! i can't believe she is gone! she was the sweetest cat EVER! she will surely be missed. what a sweet kitty... between her and Crystal Bell... they are pretty hard to replace!
Post a Comment