Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beckham's Very First Day of School. . . EVER

I swear I don't beat my kid, but he could not have been more excited about his first day of preschool!! Monday morning was Beckham's first day at St. Catherine's. He got to meet his teachers Miss Ginger and Miss Mariann (yes, those are really their names) last Friday. He has been looking forward to it, but was kinda bummed he wasn't going to use his new Thomas back pack- which he now carries as a diaper bag.
We got to the school a few minutes early, so we were the first ones to stand at the door. Mr. Eager Beaver was pacing and looking through the windows.
He couldn't wait to get inside and play. He was looking forward to meeting his new friends, playing with crayons, playing with markers, and playing with paints (or so he says).
When the doors finally opened, he darted to his classroom and found the cars. I didn't get so much as a goodbye, much less a hug or kiss- boohoo! Oh well- I raced home as fast as I could to begin the 4-page list of things that need to be done around the house. Brooks cooperated and slept all morning- hallelujah!

When I showed up to pick Beckham up at noon, he said, "Oh, Mommy! There you are!" It was like pulling teeth, but I was able to get him to tell me about the book they read, what he had for a snack, the toys he played with, the names of some of the kids, and the hand print art he made. He LOVED it and didn't shed a tear. He even got a sticker on his notebook for good behavior!

1 comments:

SHANNA said...

i love this boy!!!! so glad he love school- what a happy little man!