. . . And I don't look a day over 21- ha!
(I'll keep telling myself that!)
On my birthday, plans were set for Scott to take me on a surprise dinner outing. The surprise being the destination location. I opened presents as soon as Scott got home from work (with a little help from two handsome little fellas). Among my gifts were the clock I've been asking for, a dust buster, and a
VS gift card. . .
Mom watched the boys while Scottie swept me off on our date. The whole way there, Scott had to pep talk himself into having an appetite. He got hit with food poisoning 2 short days before my birthday and hadn't had hardly anything to eat up until that point! We pulled into the ghetto in Inman Park just as the GPS said, "You have reached your destination on right." If I recall correctly, a few choice words slipped out before we realized the warehouse on our right was actually a really fancy restaurant and bar inside- haha! He took me to Rathbun's Restaurant where we proceeded to eat Edamame Pot Stickers, Dry-aged Ribeye with blue cheese mashed potatoes, Double-boned Lamb Chops, and a Key-lime Brulee. Scott appeared to have no problems (nor did I) eating nearly every bite of our dinner!
Today, we had some of Scott's fam over for a low country boil. I received more wonderful gifts of monies, gift cards, and a beautiful scarf and necklace. Scott presented a delicious Hummingbird cake from a local bakery, Gabriel's.
Beckham helped me blow out the candles on the count of three, with a well-deserved high five afterwards.
Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, cards, gifts, texts, and facebook posts. I truly felt like the princess that I am for my birthday this year :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment