Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January in a Nutshell

Oh, January! The first half of the month was truly spent being lazy. Since there was nowhere to be (and no shopping to get done), then there was no reason to leave the house, right? Therefore, we didn't. We watched a lot of movies, played some soccer in the backyard (Beckham is signed up for a team this spring and is SO excited), and played with toys (resulting in a very messy house). About a week and a half ago, I got a spurt of energy and began a HUGE project. My goal was to empty, clean, and paint the guest room. Then I would move Brooks in there. Achieved! My second goal was to empty, clean, and paint the nursery. Then I would transform it into a playroom. Again, achieved (minus the painting). I figured, its just a playroom. I can paint it later. But I can't tell you how liberating it is to have reclaimed the downstairs. There are no longer a million toys strewn from one end to the other! Hallelujah! And the boys are having so much fun in their new playroom :) Now on to cleaning and touching up paint in the rest of the house. Or maybe I can do that next month- ha!

0 comments: