Monday, December 31, 2012

Au Revoir 2012. Bonjour 2013!

2012 has kinda been a blur, but here are some of the highlights:
  • January~ we took the boys to The Georgia Aquarium, Happy Birthday Shanna, Brooks got a new bedroom, and the nursery became a playroom
  • February~ we took a trip to Alabama for a day, Shanna and I painted owls as a belated bday present, Beckham went bowling for the first time, and we celebrated MJ
  • March~ Brooks turned 2 and got a slide that has been utilized in every way, shape, or form, the boys got their first ice cream truck ice creams, and Scott took the boys to a birthday party
  • April~ Happy 7 year anniversary!, Easter, Scott turned 31, we broke out the sprinkler, Beckham started soccer, and Brooks began the grueling (and undedicated) process of potty training
  • May~ Spring Fling, Muffins for Moms, dinner with the Bogozans, a Happy Mother's Day- I got my back porch furniture!, we made a box fort, Ollie spent a few days with us, and Amanda's Golden Birthday
  • June~ playtime with the Patterson twins, I went on a girls' trip with my mom and sister/ Stu's wedding in FL, Scott took the boys to the Yellow River Game Ranch, Happy Birthday Pap-pap, and we spent a delightful day at the bowling alley (pretty sure our picture is hanging there as a "do not serve these people" warning)
  • July~ pool time with the Garners, Becks had his first sleepover at Ollie's new house, July 4th fireworks show in our backyard, Nico became a teenager, Beckham got a Nintendo DS (and quickly became obsessed), we had a spectacular vacation in St. Augustine Beach (with a day spent at the Magic Kingdom), and Sean turned the big 2-5
  •  August~ Grandma Helen's 86th bday, we adopted a garden spider on the side of the house, Brooks gave up naps :(, Brooks moved to a big boy bed, Beckham started pre-K, and Brooks started preschool (in tears)
  • September~ the boys got their Halloween costumes in the mail (which quickly got put away so they didn't wear them out), Happy Birthday to me!- Scott and I spent a whole day in our old home away from home, Athens, I got my laptop- yay!!, Brooks worked on the pottying some more, Beckham worked on pedaling a bike, and a Happy Birthday to Harrison, MK, Ollie, and AE
  • October~ Happy Birthday Grammy, Halloween Egg Hunt, I finally made the boys' bean bag covers, Brooks and I climbed Kennesaw Mountain for the first time, the boys discovered that they can draw on anything with sidewalk chalk, Brooks made his first poop on the potty, our downstairs toilet became a geyser of sewage (shrinking our bank account by over 3K), I made an awesome pumpkin "wreath", and we rocked the neighborhood in our Super Hero costumes
  • November~ Beckham slayed the dragons as Saint George, Beckham turned 5 and we celebrated for days, we spent a family afternoon on Kennesaw Mountain, we tried growing pumpkins :/, Beckham was knighted at Owen's party, Happy Birthday Brandon, Jakob, and Ben, we finally had our tree cut back (and inherited an ungodly amount of mulch), the boys had their second round as models and I had my first as photographer, we had a Happy Turkey Day, and Beckham had his first bout of pink eye and ear infection (as did most everyone in our house)
  • December~ our Elf Snowflake arrived, we did 24 books of Christmas, the boys sat in Santa's lap, we picked out and decorated a tree, Scott and I had an awesome date night, the boys "sang" in their Christmas programs- ha!, Mom got a clean bill of health- AMEN!, we've had fun projects like making slime and building gingerbread trains and house, Santa came, we had a fabulous Christmas spent with family on multiple occasions, and Scott and I joined the 21st century by purchasing iphones and downloading from itunes. Thank you, thank you (*bowing)
We have truly been blessed in 2012 and pray that 2013 will continue to be more of the same (minus all the home repairs and expenses, please). 

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ? 
Cheers to 2013 everyone! 

0 comments: