Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mother's Day

So I've fallen a little behind on the blogging. Let's rewind a few weeks to Mother's Day. I got home from work Sunday morning to a sweet card from Beckham and another from Scott, along with a painting that has been on my "want" list for a while. (so excited)After a short nap and some family grocery shopping, we had Scott's family over for dinner. Scott whipped up a fine cuisine: Greek Salad and Chicken Scallopini. Amanda added to the menu with her delicious Carrot Cake. When all was said and done, it was a success. We even exchanged a few gifts, including Beckham's first art project. He made three in all (one for me, Grammy, and Grandma). Needless to say, they were a big hit.

I wish I had gotten pictures of him making his works of art because he had so much fun, but I was too busy making sure he didn't wipe paint all over my new kitchen table. Maybe next time.

On Tuesday following Mother's Day, Grammy came up for some good visiting. I made pork tenderloin, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and rolls. Mmmmm! And we watched the American Idol finals (which I don't condone, but I was willing to do whatever my Mommy wanted). So, all mommies were made to feel special this wonderful Hallmark Holiday! I hope yours was great, as well.

3 comments:

cheery disposition said...

that is sooo cute

cheery disposition said...

and i love love love that painting!

SHANNA said...

i love the handprint art!! so cute. beautiful painting also.