Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beckham-zilla

In Hot-lanta, it is impossible to take a 4 month old and 2-1/2 year old out in the smoldering heat every day. Instead, we've been either stuck inside, at the library, or at the pool. I've had one stir-crazy little Beckham on my hands. Here are some of the things he's gotten into. . .
Daddy bought "fireworks" for the fourth of July. Becks was fascinated with them. He wanted to light sparklers every chance he got for about two weeks. I think he's finally forgotten about them.
He discovered that he can stand on the Bumbo to climb in the pack-n-play, stand on his potty to climb over the gate at the bottom of the stairs, and stand on storage containers to climb in Brooks' crib. Oh, joy!!
He wants to "make play-do" every day.
And, as usual, he is full of hilarious (though often defiant) things to say. He has all of his books memorized, including the authors and illustrators. I don't know why, but Scott and I think this is too funny. Out of the blue, I have become "Mom". Not sure if I'm lovin' this one :( He has discovered toddler crack, a.k.a Dora the Explorer. He also know we have 'On Demand' and he can watch her whenever the heck he wants. Not lovin' that so much, either- haha!

He was doing really well with bed time for a while, but since the summer boredom struck, he has been rebelling naps and getting out of bed again at night. Ahhhh! We tried to just go without naps this weekend and see if it resolved anything. He slept really well Sunday night, but we had a VERY grouchy little boy on our hands.

Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to August 16th, his first day of preschool. I think he is going to THRIVE! He is so ready to learn more and interact with other kids more regularly. He already knows his alphabet, colors, shapes, animals, etc. And he can spell his name. Can't wait to see what other things his little sponge absorbs at school.

0 comments: