Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Laser Spectacular!

We had a "spectacular" weekend. Scott took the boys to his parents' Saturday for some visiting. Brooks apparently wasn't very compliant, but Becks LOVED playing with his Uncle Brandon.
Then on Sunday, we met up with some of my girlfriends at Stone Mountain for a picnic and the Laser Show. Beckham had fun climbing the rocks with Olivia and her friend Madison.
We ate some good food and had fun visiting. The boys even got in a 'little' football with Beckham's rockin' Lightning McQueen ball.
The heat was unreal and didn't let up at all after the sun went down. When we got to the park, it was upper 90's to low 100's and humid. Ugh! But it was well worth enduring it for the experience :)
Beckham and I walked down to the little pond directly in front of the mountain and he says, "How are we going to cross it? I need to climb that mountain!" He also got to see the train pass by 3 times. You've never seen a more excited little boy!
Anne even brought glow stick bracelets for everyone. Beckham was so wired from the day that he was still awake when we pulled in the driveway at midnight!

In other news, Beckham has said some hilarious things this weekend I found necessary to share:

When I got home from work both mornings this weekend he says (with open arms), "Give me a hug!"

When I woke up from my nap Sunday morning he says, "Mommy! I'm so glad to see you!" And he said it again to Brooks yesterday when he got done eating lunch.

While we were watching Monsters, Inc. he says, "She's SOOO pretty!" in reference to Celia- the monster with the snake hair. I asked him if he looooved her, and he said, "yeeeees!" Hahaha!

And due to the excess of Dora the Explorer that he has been watching, he was walking around yesterday counting in Spanglish:"cinco, six, seven, ocho". Awesome!

0 comments: