Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Spectacular Birthday Extravaganza

 This year my birthday fell on a Saturday, so I took the weekend off of work so I could truly enjoy it! We started celebrating Friday night with dinner (El Rodeo), gifts (a laptop), and cake (tiramisu).
 You have no idea how happy it made me to finally get a laptop!!!
YUM!
Don't I have great helpers?

 Saturday Scott and I dropped the boys off with his parents and went to Athens for the day. We've only been back once (for a football game) since he graduated, so we haven't gotten to enjoy the town at all. First stop was Trans-Met for lunch~ my favorite sandwich (grilled chicken and pesto with balsamic vin. dipping sauce).
 Don't I look like a happy girl?!?
 Next we walk down memory lane strolling through the campus. (Above: we waited out the rain under a building entrance)
 We visited the bookstore, the Tate Center, and Sanford Stadium. Then we walked down and saw our home away from home for 2 years, Myers.
 After our long walk, we got in the car and saw more fun things, like the tree that owns itself. We took a break from the tourist activities and stopped at the movie theater to see 'The Campaign'- hilarious!
 On our way back home, we stopped downtown again for some picture opportunities. . .


 On Sunday, we spent the afternoon at my mom's celebrating. . . ME!
 I got them to sing "Happy Birthday" to me not once, not twice, but THREE times!
  The kids had a blast with their cousins, and I had fun visiting with my new nephew ;) Fozzie.
 Check out the beautiful sunflowers my mom gave me, and the wildflowers from my niece Annelies. LOVE!
And to top it all off, we celebrated with Scott's family the following Sunday. We watched Brandon kick butt in soccer, then had a delicious grilled steak dinner and more cake.

Thanks to EVERYONE for making my 32nd birthday so special!

0 comments: