Monday, February 2, 2009

GOOOO STEEEEELERS!!!!

So, who doesn't know that the Pittsburgh Steelers went to the Super Bowl? And again, who doesn't know that they won said game? In the fall of 1999, I had no idea who the Steelers even were, what sport they played, much less any of the players' names. Due to the Parkers' loyalty to their home town and my love for the sport of football, I have become an adopted Steelers fan. I have bled Red & Black on Saturdays and Black & Gold on Sundays and Mondays for the past 10 years. Needless to say, we were ecstatic about yesterday's big game. Uncle Walt and Aunt Janet sent down some much appreciated Super Bowl XLIII gear (including a Terrible Towel for me- Yay!!). Scott made a Low Country Boil for us, which Beckham couldn't get enough of. We had every intention of making wings, too, but our tummies were so full (and we were too busy sitting on the edge of our seats). I think there was one point in the game where Scott and I actually did a chest-bump because of our excitement! Congratulations on another great season, Pittsburgh Steelers! We can't wait for some more great action next fall!!

1 comments:

SHANNA said...

sounds like fun!! i miss my becks.