Monday, February 2, 2009

January in a Nutshell

Its been a while since I've updated everyone on our little family. We have had such a blessed year so far. Scott has been working hard on his "big swoll" body. Beckham has mastered walking and is moving on to running (if you can call it that). And I am eagerly awaiting warmer weather so I can use the jogging stroller I bought on Craigslist. The freezing cold air isn't exactly what Beckham needs to clear up his constantly runny nose and cough, and it doesn't really feel good in my lungs, either. We have made it outside a couple days over the last week, though. We made a trip to the park one day- watched the dogs at the dog park, watched the skateboarders at the skate park, and played on the playground. Yesterday, we went in the backyard and through the football in preparation for the Super Bowl. It's so much fun to take Beckham outside and let him just run around now. In other news, Beckham had his 15 month appointment this past week. He checked out well, got some shots, and of course cried over having his lungs listened to, ears looked at, and shots given. It was a teary mess. His doctor seems to be pleased with his progress and was very enthusiastic about his vocabulary. Being that he is OUR son, he IS a genius! He can say ball, book, boat, bath, baba, up, down, car, mama, dada, door, close, shoe, duck, head, ear, and the ever dreaded "NO".

Our sweet, little sunshine of a boy has become quite the little tornado these days. He has his hotspots in the house that he likes to pull EVERYTHING out of- the desk, his book basket, the entertainment unit, the Tupperware cabinet, his toy basket, the dog's toy basket, our nightstands (hmmmm. did I remember everything? probably not.). In short, by the end of the day, our house looks like its been robbed and the thieves forgot to take everything. Fun, huh?

When he's not pulling everything out, he's hiding them in or under the entertainment unit. Another of his favorite things to do is throw things off of his highchair. He eats maybe half of what's in front of him, then hold a piece of food over the side of the highchair, all the while making eye contact with Scott or I and saying "No?". Then he drops it. Cute, huh? Thibideaux thinks so. He stands in waiting, wagging his tail. By the way, he's had atrocious gas these days. I wonder why?
He lives with his two fingers in his mouth. He has all four 1-year molars and another front tooth as a result. . .
He LOVES the telephone. If Scott or I are on the phone, he makes a ruckus. As soon as we get off, he whines until we give it to him. The cellphone has to be flipped open once in his hand, or he gets mad!He likes to "shoot the J" with his daddy. This picture shows him shooting from the sofa, but he can walk up to the basket and dunk it all by himself now!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

You are so funny! I love your detailed updates. Beckham and Riley are so much alike. She does the same thing with pulling everything out of its place, including the nightstands - but especially her jammy drawer. Throws all ofer PJ's on the floor for no reason at all. Steals the phone every chance she gets - I'm terrified she will dial 911. She also does the same thing when eating. Holds the food over and looks us in the eye before dropping it and laughing. We must get these two together. :) Miss you and love you!

SHANNA said...

i don't know how i missed this update! too cute. he is such a happy boy.