Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hi, ho. Hi, ho. It's Back To School He Goes!

For some reason, the first day of school this year was a MUCH bigger deal than it was last year. Beckham got a new outfit, new shoes, and even a surprise 1st day of school gift (a new Toy Story watch to replace the long lost one) to start off the new year. Daddy even woke up early and cooked a huge breakfast of bacon, deer sausage, and cheesy eggs for our growing boy.
I walked Beckham in just like I did on his first day last year. He was super excited to walk through the huge balloon arch!
And by the time I took his picture in the classroom he was over saying cheese, but he humored me :)
Then came this serious look. Hmmm. What could be going through his sweet head?
So, after dropping the big bubby off at school, Johnny Rumbles and I ran some errands. He didn't know what to make of me letting him hold hands and walk into all the stores. He's usually strapped down in a cart or being toted at all times- haha!
After our errands, we went to the community center for "story time" a.k.a. running and dancing and being silly. He was totally confused that the songs were coming from the lady's mouth AND the speakers. He kept looking around at the speakers while he clapped like he was expecting to see someone up there- haha!
When it came time to pick Beckham up from school, he actually talked! Last year all I could get him to tell me about his day is what snack he had. This year I got a few of his friends' names, some activities he did, and what he ate for lunch. Yay!

0 comments: