Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beckham's First Easter Egg Hunt

Finally! The weather was nice enough this year for our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt to be held outside. Beckham was so excited to get dressed up and look for eggs. He was so cute!! He ended up with 8 eggs, which he got to trade in for treats at the clubhouse. . .


After trading in his eggs, he proceeded to spill his entire container of bubbles on his pants. THEN we got pictures with the Easter Bunny- in all of which he was looking at the Bunny and not me. But I'm not complaining. At least he wasn't screaming!

After getting his fill of the Easter Bunny, we stepped outside to the playground where I discovered that my once cautious child has become a bit of a daredevil. He climbed a very steep ladder all by himself then climbed around in a tunnel that had large gaps in the bottom where his feet could get stuck.
And, of course, he is brave enough to do slides all by himself now. He attempted to do a very large one by himself with no one to catch him at the bottom. I pulled a scaredy-cat mom move and caught him with my feet and went down behind him. Needless to say, no heads were cracked open, and I ended up with some lovely slide-burn on my ankles :)

0 comments: