Just 3 days after the "southern blizzard", Shanna and I packed up the car with Beckham and Ollie and headed to Alabama for the day. We had such a wonderful time visiting with Nana. And Aunt Kathie and cousin Steven had come down from Chicago, so we got to catch up with them as well. It has been over 11 years since we've seen Steve, so we had a lot of catching up to do! Better late than never, we delivered Nana's Christmas gifts. She was so excited about her fuzzy socks, scarf, driving gloves, and plush Snuggie.
I even received a Thank You note in the mail a few days later saying how much she enjoyed the visit. It was SO GREAT to see Nana in good spirits!!! Aunt Kathie is also my Godmother, so she treats myself and my little ones as though we were hers. Beckham was so excited about the belated birthday present she bought him- a Radio Flyer Scooter! He has a little growing to do before he can master it, but Ollie had it down in 5 seconds flat. Beckham thinks its so cool to stand on it, though. He says "I like Ollie!" He has also layed claim to the baby blanket Aunt Kathie brought Baby Brooks. Thank you so much, Aunt Kathie! We love you! In addition to all the visiting we did, Aunt Kathie took us over to Nana and Papa's old house that she has purchased and is remodeling. The changes she has made so far are INCREDIBLE! I know it will probably be a little while, but I can't wait to see the final results!!! I can't wait for Scott to see it, either. He hasn't even seen it under construction. It's like a completely different house! So exciting! The most wonderful thing about the remodel is, it means my Aunt Kathie will live SO MUCH CLOSER!
On our way home, we drive straight through Fort Payne, AL, home of the Alabama Boys' Fan Club. So, Shanna and I decided to pay homage to the Alabama Boys. . .
friday favorites...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment