Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brooks!

Scott and I checked into the hospital at 7:30 Friday morning for an induction of labor. The doctors wanted to make sure that Brooks was not born with any of the same issues that Beckham had when he was born, and I was already presenting with some of the same symptoms. 12 hours later. . .
At 7:36 p.m. on Friday, March 12, 2010, Brooks Edward Parker was welcomed into the world. He surprised us all with his arrival, since we had waited all day making very SLOW progress. Scott and I were going crazy! I started pushing somewhere in the vicinity of 7:35 and delivered 10 seconds later!!!
Needless to say, tears were shed.
Proud Papa

My beautiful doctor (who thinks she takes bad pictures!).

Brooks weighed a mighty 7 pounds 4.1 ounces and was 19-1/4 inches long.


One of the blessings of delivering immediately after the change of shift is that my wonderful friend Melissa was able to admit Baby Brooks. (I was supposed to be working along side her, but obviously I had to "call in sick".)

And "Favorite Aunt Amanda" came to the rescue at the end of our long day. She hand delivered a delicious meal of sandwich rolls, fruit salad, greek salad, chips, gatorade, and giant black & white cookies. YUM! I think she deserved to be the first family member to get her hands on the little man :)

Side note: Thanks to all of the awesome care we received. We were sad that our hand-picked delivery nurse, Karen, was with us all day and clocked out 14 minutes before Brooks made up his mind to come out. But Sarah did an awesome job as her relief.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Scott and Missy! He is so cute. Brooks is our baby boy name whenever a baby boy is added to the Eubanks family!