Funny story. . . I worked 3 nights in a row (not my usual schedule since having kids) and came home from work to be "Mommy". I fed the kids and turned on the cartoons then passed out on the couch. I opened my eyes every once in a while to make sure the boys were still alive and the house wasn't burning down ;) The final time I opened them, I saw Beckham standing over me with the bottle of blue nail polish. . . smiling. I shot up like a light and said, "Beckham, I thought I told you not to play with the nail polish bottles. *sniff, sniff* Beckham, why do I smell nail polish?" I'm searching the floors for a puddle somewhere and see my hand out of the corner of my eye. Low and behold, I got a free mani- in my sleep! I tried my best to keep a straight face as I told him how dangerous it is to play with nail polish- "you could spill it on the carpet. . . then I'd have to kill you; or Brooks could drink some and its poisonous". Little did I know that my hand wasn't the only appendage to get painted. As I'm sitting on the toilet a couple hours later I notice that my toe nails are sparkling. I call out, "Beckham, did you paint Mommy's toes, too?" And he replies in the sweetest little voice, "Yes, Mommy! Do you like it?" Seriously!?! How could I be mad.
I kept the polish on for a week to remind me not to fall asleep in front of my children. Beckham was quite upset when he realized I had finally removed it. He was very proud of his artwork :)
I kept the polish on for a week to remind me not to fall asleep in front of my children. Beckham was quite upset when he realized I had finally removed it. He was very proud of his artwork :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment