Our Christmas tradition is to attend Christmas Eve Mass with Scott's family and open gifts Christmas morning. This year, I stopped at my mom's house on the way to take her some dinner only to find out that. . . my car battery was dead. So, Christmas Eve Mass was replaced by Scott driving back to my mom's to jump my car battery. Oh what fun! Anyhow, it was a blessing in disguise. I had to work that night so the battery could have gone out when I needed to leave for work, or even worse, when trying to get home from work. God works in mysterious ways!! Well, rather than spending the evening singing hymns and seeing everyone in their holiday attire, we lounged around the Parker house eating hoagies, wings, and hot sausage. Yum! Off to work I went to sit around and twiddle my thumbs. No babies wanted to be born that night. I got back to the Parker's around 8am, just in time for everyone to wake up for present-opening. 
As usual, there were an enormous amount of presents.Beckham has had SO much fun playing with all of his new toys. He got some great ones this year! Thank you all of you Pittsburghians (& Marylandites) who sent gifts down. Ya'll are too generous.









0 comments:
Post a Comment