Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cookie-Baking Day 2008

Every year my mom, sister, and I get together to make Christmas cookies. From the looks of it, we didn't bake at all this year. But I promise we did! On the menu were Wedding Cookies, Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Gingerbread Men (for the kids to decorate), Peppermint Bark, and White-chocolate-covered Pretzels. Now, it wouldn't have been a successful day if I hadn't screwed MY treat up. The peppermint bark was intended for Christmas gifts for my neighbors, but nothing I make ever turns out right, so the first batch got water in it and burned and the second batch wouldn't melt right. When the chocolate did finally melt, so did the peppermint chunks, leaving my peppermint bark pink and with a candy-like rather than melty-chocolate consistency. Yuck! Oh, well!



At least we had fun, enjoyed each other's company, and got a good sugar high! Here is proof of having spent a wonderful day together. . .

0 comments: