Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nite Nite 2010

Oh, what a year we have had! We started off 2010 with a bang~seizures and post-viral cerebellar ataxia. We were in and out of doctor's offices with Thibideaux AND Beckham. Amidst all of that excitement, we had the entire house re-carpeted. We followed that up by re-purposing Olivia's room into Beckham's "Big Boy Room". Beckham moved from a crib to a bed (quite UNgracefully, might I add). I was given a surprise baby shower at the Logan casa! We got multiple bouts of snow in February, of which Georgians handle SO well ;). All 8 of MABBAJAKS reunited for brunch. We also jumped for joy, since after months and months of construction on the house, Aunt Kathie finally made the move to AL from Chicago. I had multiple doctor's visits at which I learned I would be induced. . . again. On March 12th, Brooks joined our little family. Two days later, he got to come home and meet his big brother! We spent the rest of March inside, adjusting to being a family of 4. During that time, we captured the sacred moments by hiring my friend Karen Beckham to photograph the boys~ ADORABLE! We celebrated our 5-year Anniversary, we celebrated Easter, planted a garden, lost Scott for a night of Penguins Mania, had a little in-office surgery, and celebrated Scott's 29th birthday. We spent most of May outside~ playing with caterpillars, busting chins and knees, going to the park, and playing with friends. We were introduced to "story time" at the community center, celebrated Mother's Day, said FAREWELL to Abby and Lilly, helped Jeb celebrate his 1st birthday, congratulated Tara & Joey on their graduation, and I headed back to work from maternity leave. Best of all. . . we got to SWIM!!! We had a visit from Grandma Helen while the fam journeyed to Alaska. While she was here we broke out the baby pool in the back yard. We celebrated Father's Day. My cousin Chris died in a tragic accident, Aunt Earlene was diagnosed with cancer, my cousin Cheyenne stopped through on her way back to NC, we experienced the Laser Spectacular at Stone Mtn with friends we hardly ever see, and I became a regular old Monet. Beckham started preschool! I turned the big 3-0, I threw a baby shower for Kate, and we ventured all the way to Pittsburgh! Potty training hell began. On a positive note, Beckham got a new sand box for his efforts. We also were introduced to FarmersMarketBaskets.com, made it over to AL for a family reunion of sorts, welcomed Millie Kate into the world, went to the pumpkin patch, watched Brooks begin to crawl (then pushed him back down ;0)), and celebrated Halloween with a pirate and a cowboy. We celebrated Beckham's 3rd birthday. We congratulated Kellee and Mike on their new marriage (but unfortunately couldn't make it to South GA for the wedding). We hosted Thanksgiving for the first time in 5 years. Guests included everyone on my side of the family except Rob (since he had surgery the day before). In all the chaos, I managed to give Brooks his first haircut and Beckham his first with minimal tears. We had a visit from Santa Claus, a "Comfort Foods" dinner with friends, and Brooks' baptism. We got a Christmas tree, Beckham was a sheep in his Christmas Pageant, and we celebrated the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ with some snow on the ground. We are laying 2010 to "rest" with our new mattress that we were super excited to get for Christmas. . .
We don't really have any phenomenal plans for 2011, so it'll be exciting to see what the Lord has planned for us!

1 comments:

SHANNA said...

i love the new bedding and the recap of your year.... i might have to venture back through my year and see what happened at the boot home!