Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scottie Angel

Two days after the garage sale, my darling husband came home extremely early from work so I could venture into the big city for an emergency doctor's appt. Unfortunately, birthing two boys has not been easy on my body. My mom came with me to hold my hand, but ended up in the waiting room with a squirmy 5 week-old (which I was TOTALLY okay with). The doctor ended up doing some in-office surgery on me and sending me home with a numb bottom. But once I got home, the Lidocaine had warn off! My darling husband has been basically a saint for the past two weeks. I was practically immobile for the first several days. He came home early from work a couple times, took care of some household chores he usually doesn't do (the laundry), and cooked ALL the meals. He also managed to get Beckham to let HIM put him to bed every night- a HUGE improvement!!

So, here is a huge THANK YOU to my mother- and father-in-law for raising a fine gentleman. I haven't even heard him complain, aside from whining that I wasn't sharing my Hydrocodone :)

And back to bed-time news, Beckham has continued to improve. We started putting him in his big boy bed the beginning of January, and he is just now letting us leave the room before he falls asleep. FREEDOM!

2 comments:

cheery disposition said...

awe! thats so nice:)Glad you are feeling better:) xoxo

Amy said...

What a great hubby! Hope you are feeling better and recovering! Your boys are both so handsome! Love seeing all the updates!! :)